Psoriasis is a skin disorder that occurs due to the malfunctioning of the immune system. This skin disease is very common & really difficult to cure. It can affect both male & female and is non-contagious in nature. This disease is characterized by inflammation & scaling of the skin.
Some common symptoms of psoriasis are–
1. Scalp containing dandruff.
2. Cracked skin with discolouration.
3. Red, flaky patches.
4. Itchy skin & scalp.
5. Bleeding skin or skin with bruises.
There are many medications available in the market to treat psoriasis. In fact, proper medical diagnosis is required to treat this skin issue. Other than the medications, one can heal the skin and keep it in control with natural remedies.
Natural remedies are good to go with as these are quite gentle on the body and do not show side effects. Some of these remedies are from Ayurveda, an ancient and complete form of treatment.
A list of natural remedies are given here which can relieve you from the harmful effects of this skin issue–
1. Turmeric– As we all know, turmeric has antiseptic & antibacterial properties. It has the amazing quality of healing the body. The anti-inflammatory property of turmeric helps in treating the inflammatory skin while suffering from psoriasis and making the immune system strong. Taking turmeric in appropriate quantity helps in healing & curing psoriasis.
2. Tea Tree Oil– Tea Tree oil has the magical power to cure skin & scalp infections. This is because of the anti-inflammatory properties of this oil. Tea Tree oil is extracted from the leaves of tea tree and consists entirely natural ingredients. Applying this oil to the scalp can give relief from itchy scalp, redness, flakes & dandruff. It can even be applied to the skin to take care of all the inflammation, fungal & bacterial issues. Thus, it is a perfect natural remedy for psoriasis.
3. Aloe Vera– Aloe vera heals & soothes the body. It works best when applied on to the affected skin and even when taken orally. Take fresh aloe vera gel from the aloe plant and apply it gently to the affected area. This gives a relief in the itchy & painful skin.
4. Garlic– Another remedy for psoriasis that is completely natural and effective. It contains antibacterial properties and antioxidants that can purify blood and prevent further infection. Eating garlic can help in treating the inflammation of the skin and providing strength to fight against infections.
Keep in mind–
Dry skin has more chances of showing bad results in case of psoriasis. Skin should be kept moist and hydrated to avoid itchiness. A humidifier can help in managing dryness of the skin. A moisturiser with natural extracts can also help in this situation.
Stress can make the situation worse and so should be avoided. Try to indulge in activities that make you feel light & joyful.
Avoid using soaps, detergents & deodorants that can irritate skin. Ensure that you take enough of fruits and vegetables regularly. Drink enough water daily. Remember a healthy life can lead to a healthy body!