T-zone is the part of your face that refers to the head and the nose and the area near it. T-zone skin is generally oily and can have acne and pimples or may be marks and spots of the pimples when they dry. It actually develops in a combination skin where in there is a mixture of oily skins in the T-zone area and the normal or may be dry-flaky skin in the cheek and nearby areas.
Interestingly, combination skin is can be cured by a variety of home-made remedies. The ‘NanikeNuskhes’ that really worked for me is something I am going to share as a magic recipe to have an extremely rejuvenating and spotless skin. Like it is said that ‘Safety begins at home’, I would rather modify the phrase and quote that again, ‘Cure begins at home.’ So, instead of flooding the markets and the beauty shops and coating your face with a vast variety of ‘Not showing an effect’ products, just open up your binoculars and add the following materials in your to do list to have the desired effect over your stubborn skin.
1. Tomato Juice: Tomato Juice acts like a magic ingredient in clearing the oil in the T-zone section and can also be very helpful for tanned skins. It acts as a detoxifying, anti-tanning agent that balances the oil as well as de-tans the skin naturally.
2. Lemon Juice: Lemon, being a citric acid container, clears the oil by comparatively drying the skin. In short, it again balances the oil and is also very helpful in clearing the pimples, acnes as well as the marks that are left by them.
3. Wash your face with soap and face wash at least 4-5 times in a day. This helps to keep your face hydrated and removes the excess oil that is present on the skin. It also removes the dirt as well.
4. Use ice pack in the area where the concentration of oil is maximum. The use of ice, actually clogs and blocks the pores present on the skin and thus, reduces the oil secretion.
5. Rose Water: Rose water is very fragrant and refreshing remedy. Rose water should be mixed with water in 25-75% ratio that is 25% water and 75% rose water and should be applied on the face.
6. Cucumber Juice: Cucumber is such a refreshing and hydrating ingredient that can deeply nourish and revitalise your skin. Application of cucumber juice can cool the skin, specially the tanned and sunburnt skin and also help to balance the oil and pimple.
7. Almond and Honey Paste: This remedy works like a two way therapy actually. Not just balancing the oil in the T-zone section, almond and honey can actually help to reduce the fine lines and wrinkles by tightening the loose skin. Honey moisturizes the skin and almond provides essential oil.
8. Aloe Vera Paste: The aloe vera pulp has got some sort of magic in it. Such an easy plant to grow in our homes and carries cures to so many big problems that we face. The translucent rekindling pulp is naturally a medicine to control the oil in the T-zone section and provide a smooth and silky texture to the skin altogether.
9. Steam: Isn’t it strange that both solid and gaseous form of water can help you control the oil in the T-zone section. But the effect of steam is quite different from that of ice. Steam actually helps to open the clogged pores and so, helps in removing the excess oil that comes out through these pores all at once!
10. Apple Cider Vinegar: This is for the pure virgin apple cider vinegar that is usually present in the chemist shop and not the one that is used for cooking because that might contain other acidic products as well. Apple cider vinegar, mixed with water, that is in dilute form can be used to remove excess oils (and should be specifically applied to those areas only).