Like our skin, our hair too needs proper care and maintenance from time to time. With the change in lifestyle, extreme weather conditions and hormonal imbalances excessive secretion of oil and sebum becomes a common problem. Oily scalp attracts a lot of dust and dirt which further causes lots of scalp infections and allergies. It is suggested that hair should be kept clean and oil-free to avoid bacterial and other scalp issues. Dandruff and dermatitis are also caused due to oily scalp. In order to avoid scalp issues, oil secretion needs to be controlled.
Some common ways to keep off the extra oil from the scalp are as follows–
2. Try to use SLS/SLEs free shampoo.
3. Do not let the shampoo stay for long on the scalp.
4. Use a limited amount of conditioner on the scalp after washing hair.
5. Use natural hair masks to treat oily scalp.
Here are some hair masks that can keep a check on the excess sebum and oil secreted on the scalp.
1. Amla, reetha and shikakai hair mask– This hair mask is composed of natural herbs which are known for their restorative qualities. Other than reducing oil from the scalp, these have the power to cure hair fall, dandruff and whitening of hair. Take amla, reetha and shikakai powder. Mix all the three in equal proportions and add water to the mixture. Apply this paste onto the scalp and leave for 10-15 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
2. Henna and Black tea hair mask– Henna is known for its deep conditioning property. It has the power to make the scalp healthy. Use it in the form of a mask to remove extra oil from the scalp. Boil some black tea leaves in water and drain water in a bowl. Take some henna powder and add this water to it. Keep the mixture for an hour and then apply it to the scalp. Let it stay for 20-30 minutes until the paste dries up. Wash thoroughly with water. Repeat for better results.
3. Aloe vera and lemon hair mask– Lemon is popular for its cleansing power and aloe vera is known for removing dead cells from the scalp. Thus, both these constituents are known for making the scalp healthy. Take some aloe vera gel taken out of aloe vera leaves. Add one teaspoon of lemon juice to it. Apply this mixture onto the scalp and let it stay for 10-15 minutes. Wash it off with water.
Follow the tips given above and get a healthy and oil-free scalp. Keep Smiling. Keep Glowing!