Whether you’re just starting to breakout or your cheeks have been a little over-inflamed lately, chances are your acne-prone skin is dealing with some blemishes. You might not know it, but acne is actually caused due to clogging of pores that causes irritation in skin. But it basically means that oily skin combined with a lot of sebaceous glands makes for an irritable situation. Acne can be incredibly frustrating and hard to treat; there are so many different types and every time you break out you think that this time will be the last. But let’s talk about why this happens and what you can do to clean up your skin and get rid of acne and post acne skin issues such as acne scars, blemishes and inflammation.
What is Acne?
Acne is a skin condition that causes pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads on the face and back, chest, shoulders, and upper arms. It’s caused by the population of oil-producing facial hair follicles that are clogged with excess sebum and dead skin cells. Blemishes, pimples, and cystic lesions happen when the sebaceous glands on your skin get blocked, resulting in a blackhead, whitehead, or a pimple. Pimples can also be red and swollen. Acne affects the face and the back, chest, shoulders, upper arms, and neck. The back is particularly common because it’s one of the oiliest areas of skin. Just like what the name implies, acne is caused by oily skin. This can happen if your skin produces too much of the oil that’s clogging your pores, or if your skin produces an excess amount of fatty acids. This causes the pores on your face to get blocked, which makes the pimples to appear. If you have acne, it’s likely that you’ve dealt with it at some point in your life, or you know someone who has. It’s important to know that there are a few things you can do to get rid of it. In this article, we’ll discuss what causes acne and how you can get rid of it.
Causes of Acne and Why They Matter
There are a few things you should know that will help you better understand why your skin is breaking out.
- Oiliness - Too much oil on your face is what most likely causes breakouts. Oily skin is prone to acne because it attracts the excess oil from the sebaceous glands on your face. If you have oily skin, you might notice that when you’re stressed out or have a lot on your mind, your face starts to look oily and even breakout. If you’re oily skinned, try controlling your stress levels and drinking more water to stay hydrated; this will help you get rid of the oil on your face.
- Genetics - Another reason you might be breaking out on your face is because of your genes. Some people are more prone to acne than others, and it’s impossible to prevent them from getting it. However, you can do things to prevent it from happening, such as eating foods that are high in nutrients and sebum-controlling foods. Another thing you can do is avoiding products that are high in synthetic fragrances, alcohol, and mineral oils.
- Hormonal Changes - Another reason you might be breaking out is because of hormonal changes. If you’re in your period or you’re a lady who’s going through menopause, you’re more likely to get pimples. It’s important to note that acne is not just for teenagers but for people of all ages, which is why it’s important to address it at its onset.
Ways to Get Rid of Acne and Clear Up Scars
There are a few home remedies and lifestyle adjustments you can do to get rid of acne and improve your skin. These include keeping your face clean and moisturized, avoiding oily foods, and avoiding wearing tight clothes and hats. You can also invest in a good face wash that will help you get rid of the excess oil and sebum on your face. Cleaning your face regularly with a mild face wash that doesn’t contain alcohol and other chemicals will help you get rid of the excess oil and sebum on your face. Try using a face wash that has exfoliating ingredients, such as coffee grounds, sugar, or salt, to get rid of the excess sebum and blackheads on your face. You can also use a face mask once a week to help you get rid of the excess sebum and blackheads on your face.
Checklist: Tips for a Clear Skincare Routine
- Clean your face with a gentle face wash that doesn’t contain alcohol or other chemicals. Look for face washes that are pH-balanced and free from artificial fragrances and dyes. Try using Neem Facewash to avoid your skin breaking out.
- Apply toner after cleansing your face to prevent the skin from getting too dry and to remove any leftover makeup and balance pH for soothing effect.
- Use a moisturizer that is light enough for oily skin types and has ingredients that will help to maintain the sebum of your skin and shows visible breakout improvement.
- Use a sunscreen when outdoors to protect your skin from the harmful UV rays and prevent acne breakouts.
- Puffy, puss-filled zits should be addressed right away. Don’t Pop them, clean your face, and use an acne-fighting acne ideal treatment.
- Exfoliate your face once a week to slough off the old dead skin and get rid of the blackheads and excess sebum on your face.
- Keep your hair out of your face while you're trying to clear up your skin and reduce acne blemishes. It helps to reduce excess oil making skin smooth and soft.
DIY Natural Beauty Treatments for Acne-Prone Skin
Here are a few natural DIY beauty treatments you can try to get rid of acne and improve your skin.
- Coffee Scrub - This scrub is great for getting rid of excess oil on your face and getting rid of blackheads and whiteheads. You can use it as a daily scrub or use it as a spot treatment for specific areas, like your forehead and chin.
- Witch Hazel Toner - This toner can be used as a daily toner or as a spot treatment. It can be used to balance your skin and remove any leftover makeup.
- Rosewater Mask - This mask is great for getting rid of the blackheads and whiteheads on your face and getting rid of excess oil. Simply mix rosewater with honey and apply it to your face.
- Add Niacinamide – Niacinamide is amazing for refining blemishes and getting rid of skin issues. It reduces redness and acne scars which is ideally used in acne treatment at home.
When you are stuck with your skin issues, and have acne-prone skin, try out the given above remedies that really works for your skin and gives solution. Nevertheless, your skin is naturally beautiful and healthy skin is best! You can try out Inveda’s variety range of personal and self-care products that gives your daily solution to your skin, hair, and body issues.