HOME TREATMENT FOR DRY SCALP!
Dry scalp is a type of scalp with little or no nourishment. This type of scalp lacks moisture and natural oils. It is very common nowadays due to multiple factors like chemical based hair products, overexertion, scalp infections, medications, and inappropriate weather conditions. It is common for people who lack time to nourish their scalp and are addicted to junk food. In order to change the scalp, it is required to bring a change in the daily habits of a person. This is because if you treat your body right the results can be seen in the form of better and healthy hair scalp and skin.
So the first method to treat dry scalp is–
1. Focus on your health and inner body strength.
i. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
ii. Drink milk daily.
iii. Include curd and salad in your diet.
iv. Include food rich in protein like kidney beans, legumes, sprouts, pulses and cheese in your diet.
v. Drink lots of water daily.
vi. Limit caffeinated drinks and alcohol.
2. Honey– Honey is an antibacterial product that has moisturising properties. It helps in trapping the nourishment in the scalp. Apply honey to your scalp in the form of a hair mask. To prepare honey hair mask at home-
i. Take a banana and mash it.
ii. Add some warm honey to it.
iii. Mix it into a paste and apply it to the scalp.
iv. Let it remain for 20-30 minutes and then rinse it off.
You can also use honey directly to your scalp. Just add some water to it and it is ready to be applied.
3. Curd– Curd can keep the scalp healthy with its good bacterial formulation. The curd keeps the skin moisturised and treats dry and damaged scalp. Add some diluted curd to your hair once a week and feel the change.
4. Lemon Juice– Lemon juice is popular for its cleansing properties. You can clean the scalp deeply with the application of lemon juice on the scalp. It can also be used by mixing it in the hair oil to be used on the scalp. Make sure you do not have an itchy scalp or lemon juice might irritate the scalp. Do not keep it for longer than 10 minutes.
5. Tea Tree Oil– Tea Tree oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties. It can deeply nourish the scalp and thus is used in treating many scalp infections. Mix few drops of tea tree oil in the oil you regularly use and apply it to your scalp and hair. Keep it for some hours and then rinse with the help of shampoo.
Always make sure that you use a conditioner after using a shampoo. Make hair oiling a weekly habit. i.e. it should be done at least once a week. Try to use a natural cleanser for washing hair. I am sure all these tips will make taking care of dry scalp easier! Keep Smiling Keep Glowing!