Glycerine is a non-toxic compound of carbon, oxygen and hydrogen. It has no colour and smell and is quite thick in density. Due to its amazing benefits, it is widely used in skin care products and in drugs and medicines. It is also a frequently used product in food sweetening and printing industry. The nourishing power makes it a good product for the skin.
Today we shall discuss the benefits and uses of glycerine for our body. Explore these benefits and use this colourless powerful liquid for your body.
1. Nourish the skin– It can be used as a moisturiser to nourish the dull and dry skin. Glycerine is a natural product and does not show any side effect. It is gentle on the skin and so is used in various moisturizers, body lotions and creams.
2. Cleanses the skin– Glycerine can be used to cleanse the skin at home. It is very simple to use. It can make the face free of impurities. Just make a cleanser at home and apply it daily for cleaning your skin. Take some raw milk and add one spoon of glycerine to it. Mix this liquid and apply it with a cotton ball. Clean the face with water. It is a good replacement of cleansing milk for removing makeup.
3. Removes Blackheads– Glycerine has the power to unclog pores and remove dead skin cells, which results in removing blackheads. Use Multani mitti face mask with glycerine and rose water. And apply this paste on your face. Let it stay for few minutes and rinse it off.
4. Makes skin glowing– It gives a glowing effect to the skin when used with other natural products like gram flour and sandalwood powder. Mix these products along with rose water and apply it on the face. Leave this paste on for 20 minutes and then wash it with cold water for a glowing face.
5. Heals dry and irritated skin– Glycerine when used with milk can be used to heal dry and irritated skin. It is of good use mostly in winters. Take some milk and add few drops of glycerine to it. Apply this mixture on the skin and let it stay for few minutes. Rinse with water and apply moisturising cream. You will soon get soft and smooth skin.
6. Cures Acne– Glycerine is helpful in treating acne issues. It has loads of antibacterial properties and can attack acne-causing bacteria. Mix one spoon of glycerine in borax powder and camphor. Apply it on the affected area. Rinse it off with water.
These are some benefits of using glycerine. Use it as per your skin type. Repeat using for better results.