Dandruff is a very common problem these days. The itchy scalp can irritate you a lot and make you struggle like never before. The flaky scalp can be the cause of humiliation most of the times. It is actually the result of too much oil on the scalp, reactive chemicals of hair products and a type of fungus that develops on the scalp. This fungus survives on the extra oil and dead skin.
The easiest remedy for treating dandruff is to wash your hair regularly and avoid the accumulation of oils on the scalp. This clears off the dead skin and the fungus on the scalp. Another way of controlling dandruff is to follow natural remedies and make the scalp healthy. Such remedies are discussed below-
1. Coconut oil and Honey– Coconut oil has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. When it is mixed with honey it can cure lot many scalp infections. Take some coconut oil in a bowl. Add some honey to it. Mix the ingredients properly and apply this paste on the scalp. Keep the mixture on for 40-45 minutes. Rinse with water and nourish the scalp with coconut oil.
2. Lemon and Baking Soda– Lemon is a wonderful remedy for scalp issues. Add few drops of lemon juice and apple cider vinegar in some baking soda. Mix the contents properly into a paste and apply it on the scalp. Wash hair after 15 minutes.
3. Curd– Curd contains healthy bacteria which can prevent the fungal infection on the scalp. It can be easily used at home for treating dandruff. Use curd mixed with black pepper on the skin and let it stay for about 10-15 minutes. Pepper can give you an itchy sensation. So you can avoid using it if you have a sensitive scalp. Wash hair with water and shampoo.
4. MultaniMitti– Multanimitti is very helpful in removing extra oils from the scalp. Make a scalp mask with Multanimitti and lemon juice. Mix some lemon juice and water in Multanimitti. Mix it in the form of a paste. Apply this paste on the scalp. Let it stay for 20 minutes and rinse with water.
5. Tea Tree Oil– This oil has amazing anti-bacterial properties and thus it is used in various hair care products. It is very simple to use. Take some shampoo in a cup and add 5-6 drops of tea tree oil to it. Use this like a regular shampoo for washing your hair.
Follow the remedies given here and get a healthy dandruff free scalp. Keep Smiling Keep Glowing!