Rainy season brings beauty around us and problems for our hair and skin. Problems like hair fall, dandruff, itchy scalp, dry hair, and various other infections. The worst part is that all the hair products like hair sprays, hair gels which usually help in managing the tresses, tend to worsen the situation. In such times special hair care is needed which I will be discussing today.
Here are five important ways which can help in managing your unmanageable hair during rainy monsoon-
1. Timely washing and drying of hair– Who doesn’t like to get drenched in the rain! The only thing that bothers after being wet is rough and dry hair locks. Irregular hair washes can make the scalp sticky and greasy. This, in turn, can cause fungal or bacterial scalp infections. Proper shampoo should be done and hair should be dried completely. Use a hairdryer. Try to dry your naturally in case you are at places like office or college where you cannot use a hairdryer. Make sure that you use a mild shampoo as rinsing the hair again and again can make your hair rough and dry. Try using an SLS- free shampoo.
2. Deep conditioning– A good conditioner should be used every time you wash your hair. In case you do not want to use your regular conditioner you can use natural conditioners. The frizzy dry hair due to humidity can be treated properly only with the help of conditioner.
3. Stay away from styling products– Chemicals in styling products are very harsh on our hair. With humidity in the air, these greasy products can add to making the scalp dirty and can cause various scalp infections. So say a big no to all such products. Say hi to natural products and feel the difference.
4. Eating Right Food– Food plays an important role in managing our skin and hair. The right food can add a lot of beauty to your body and hair. Take a lot of veggies and fruits. Ensure an adequate amount of protein and iron in your diet for the proper strengthening of hair. Try taking curd, spinach, eggs, fish, etc. to make your hair and body strong. Stay hydrated!
5. Scalp Massage– A good oil massage can help you maintain the beauty of your tresses. It is required all around the year, so don’t even think of skipping it during this season. Use coconut oil to massage your hair as its antibacterial properties keep away the infections. Dry oil from the store of Inveda can also be used to treat rough and dry hair. It repairs and nourishes dry hair and adds shine as well.