Tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum) — “Queen of Herbs,” a sage or we can a powerhouse of all medicines. Holy basil, the oldest pharmacist of villages that offer uncountable health benefits. A magical herb that never ever disappoints and does a lot more than just adding a flavour to your tea. You will be surprised to know that this little tiny plant is not only good for health but serves many skin & hair benefits & a popular member of anti-acne skin club.
In Ayurvedic practices, it is used to cure headache, cold, asthma, uric acid and many more health ailments. Rich in vitamin K that boosts blood circulation & promote hair growth. Overflowing with anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammation, anti-bacterial properties keep the skin away from blackheads, acne, infection and many more in the list. Packed with electrolytes, minerals, vitamins, phytonutrients and adaptogenic, increases the ability to resist the stress & who doesn’t want to live a stress-free life?
Find out how Tulsi comfort your skin & hair-
- Deep Pore Cleanser-
If it’s hard to find a perfect cleanser that isn’t drying. Meet the natural cleanser that pulls out gunk from the pores & never ever leaves your skin itchy or feeling stripped. Switch to Tulsi paste which is too strong to cure sensitive skin and minimizes magnified pores without leaving skin dry.
• Take 5-6 fresh leaves of holy basil, make a paste out of it,
• Mix a pinch of turmeric and apply it all over the pores.
• Wash it off after 20 minutes when dried.100% natural Cleanser, having antimicrobial properties leave skin soft & smooth.2. Lead Member of Anti-Acne Club-
Acne is stubborn, frustrating & hard to cure but that doesn’t mean you can’t find any natural solution to fight against it. Green Tea, Tea Tree is the best to cure acne but Tulsi is the leader of this club to cure acne, blackheads, and pimples. Its antibacterial properties include soothing redness, calming inflammation and prove to be a hit when it comes to treating acne naturally.
• Take 1 spoon of Tulsi powder + ½ tbsp of orange peel powder or you can take sandalwood powder instead of orange peel.
• Mix it with rosewater and make a thick paste.
• Apply it on the affected area & leave it for 15-20 min.
• Wash it off with normal water.
• Use it twice a week.
• Apply Inveda’s Anti Acne Blend before sleep for instant results.
3. Prevents Early Signs of Ageing-
Feeling Aged? Let’s slow it down with the natural Indian herb. Overexposure to sun & working stress is the cause of accelerating the ageing process & skin tends to lose elasticity and fine lines start appearing. Tulsi neutralizes the free radicals, rejuvenate skin cells, bust blemishes, and improve overall skin tone & texture with a youthful glow.
Method 1-Boil 2-3 Tulsi leaves in a glass of water for 2-3 min & consume it daily to flush out all the radicals.
• Crush 3-5 leaves with Sandalwood powder.
• Mix it with 1 egg. & obtain a paste.
• Apply it all over the face & neck and leave until it dries.
• Wash it with normal water & immediately apply Inveda’s Anti-Wrinkle Blend before sleep.
4. Lightens Skin Tone-
Tulsi&Haldi cocktail is a formidable fix for dark skin. Overexposure to sun, pollution leads to the production of melanin & that causes dark spots & pigmentation. Antioxidant properties of Tulsi effectively reduce pigmentation &Haldi protects the skin from harmful micropollutants. Tulsi contains natural essential oils which help in nourishing skin & diffuse pigmentation & dark spots.
• To prepare a mask, mix 1 tbsp. of Tulsi Powder with ½ tbsp. of Haldi& ½ tbsp. gram flour.
• Mix it with water & obtain a thick paste.
• Apply it all over your face and neck & allow it to dry completely.
• Wash it off with cold water.
• Repeat this thrice a week for astonishing results.
5. A perfect moisturizer that skin truly needs-
Fewer people know the hidden benefit of Tulsi that it’s anti-inflammation and anti-fungal properties kill bacteria, unclog pores and soothe flare-ups, all things that skin desperately needs.
• Mix a few fresh leaves with coconut oil or castor oil & apply it all over your body for one hour before bath.
• Elixir leaves your skin soft, smooth &glowy.
6. Prevents Hair Loss-
Don’t let your comb to love your hair more! Itchy scalp, Infection, excess sweating and many factors lead to hair loss, and it’s a common process for both men & women. If you are also struggling with the same problem then Tulsi will definitely help you to get rid of hair fall. Tulsi leaves rejuvenate the hair follicles & strengthen the roots which in turn curbs hair loss & promote new hair growth.
• Mix a handful of Tulsi leaves with your favourite hair oil.
• Boil it for a min. & let it cool for 10-15 min.
• Apply it into your scalp and leave it for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
• Follow it up with Inveda Anti Hair fall Shampoo & Hold & Shine Conditioner.
7. Impressively Disperse Dandruff-
Dandruff, the biggest concern of hair care. Oily skin, irritated scalp, dust and pollution and not shampooing enough are the main cause of the skin scalp to flake. Tulsi tremendously treats dandruff & never fails. The anti-fungal personality of Tulsi strains out dandruff and adds natural oil into the scalp. Tulsi will not only diminish dandruff but also leaves you with smooth shiny & long tresses.
• Massage Your Scalp with essential Tulsi oil and leave it for 30 minutes.
• Wash your hair with Anti Dandruff Shampoo for perfect strands.
8. Say No to Grey Hair-
Spotting grey hair in young age can be an intimidating sign & plucking grey hair may cause scalp infection too. Nowadays premature greying of hair is becoming as common as flu. As Tulsi incredibly treats cold & flu similarly Tulsi promotes the pigment at the hair roots which stops due to the scarcity of vitamins and responsible to give a grey colour to hair. Grey hair is due to the lack of Vitamin B12 and Tulsi contains proficient minerals & vitamins to treat your damaged whiskers.
• Mix 2 spoons of Amla& 2 tbsp. of Tulsi Powder in a bowl, and soak it overnight.
• Wash your hair with the mixture, the next morning.
• Apply Shine & Hold Conditioner after washing.
• Repeat the process once in a week for best results.
9. Organic Immunity Booster-
Tulsi loves your health, and it can’t be denied, Tulsi has got you back! Every drop of Tulsi has antimicrobial properties and helps in giving relief in various infections.
Consume Tulsi tea or chew 2-3 leaves of Tulsi daily to improve immunity.
Tulsi can heal many skin disorders and it’s a blessing for all.
For more remedies &Ayurvedic treatment log in to www.inveda.in.