Saffron is a flower of crocus sativus, which is also known as saffron crocus. In India, it is known as Zafaran or Kesar. These are thread like structures which are one of the most expensive spices in the world. It is highly valuable due to its unique medicinal properties. Other than medicinal properties, it has distinctive flavour and colour. Due to its multiple benefits for the skin, it is also used in essential skin products. We can use it in our day to day life after knowing better about its benefits.
Read further to know its benefits for the human body and health.
1. Radiance– Radiant skin is the longing desire of each one of us. Glowing and clear skin enhances the confidence of a person and makes one feel more beautiful. Saffron is very useful in getting radiant skin. I recommend saffron face pack to all those who want a healthy glowing skin. Mix some strands of saffron to the mixture of milk and sandalwood powder. Apply this paste to your skin and wash off after 20 minutes. You will definitely repeat again to see the radiant glow on your face.
2. Cancer Cure– The bio-chemical compounds like zea-xanthin, lycopene, antioxidants, alpha and beta carotene have the power to cure cancer. These substances increase the immunity of the human body and the resistance power against cancer. And saffron is highly enriched with these substances. Thus clearly proved, saffron is one of the most useful herb.
3. Acne and pimples– The teens are highly affected with these skin issues. Natural home remedies using saffron work like magic on pimples. Use 10 strands of saffron with 6-7 basil leaves. Make a paste out of them and apply on the pimples or acne. Let it stay for 15 minutes, and then rinse it off.
4. Anti-ageing formula– Saffron is used in herbal beauty products for reducing signs of ageing. Anti-ageing creams available nowadays are enriched with the goodness of saffron. All the symptoms of ageing like wrinkles, fine lines, and dark spots are taken care of by saffron.
5. Hair loss– This has now become a very common and age old problem. Every second person is suffering from baldness or hair fall problem. Using saffron can help people with such issues. Mix saffron, milk and liquorice and apply on the scalp. Let it stay for some time and then wash it off with a shampoo. It will help in better growth of hair and prevention of hair fall.
6. Food ingredient– The colour and flavour of saffron makes it a famous food ingredient. It is used in all the food items like Rice biryani, Cakes, cookies, Flavoured milk, spiced tea and coffee. It is categorised as one of the famous spices of India. It is highly recommended in pregnancy.
Hope now you are very well aware of the goodness of saffron and its long lasting effects on our body. Do try saffron for resolving your issues. It is little expensive but definitely worth the pay. Keep Smiling. Keep Glowing!