What is Saffron (Kesar)?
Most Expensive & luxurious exotic ingredient earlier used by the queens to get beautiful radiant skin. The botanical name of saffron is “Crocus Sativus”. In English, it is known as saffron. It is a spice plucked & dried from the flower of Crocus Sativus commonly known as Saffron.
The origin of saffron was in doubt, some believe that it was from Iran, Greece or Mesopotamia, but it is a small flora of the Iridaceae clan whose native place is South Europe. Saffron arrived in India in Kashmir between 2500 years ago and later to Himachal Pradesh. Saffron is difficult to cultivate & consumers to obtain due to it’s high price.
Beauty & Other Benefits of Kesar
Ancient people’s use of ‘saffron filaments’ to alleviate a number of illnesses. As a matter of fact, saffron first became known in the field of traditional medicine before it became a household name as condiment and dye. Saffron is among the popular luxurious spice of India that not only adds the pinch of flavour but offers numerous health benefits. Read below to know the amazing skin benefits of Saffron-Kesar
1. Heal Burn wound– Saffron (crocus sativus) holds the reputation of a very good skincare herb. Significantly increased re-epithelialization in burn wounds, as compared to other cream-treated wounds. Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects of saffron may have contributed to the wound healing.
Step1. Soak a pinch of saffron strands in one spoon of water & obtain a thick paste.
Step2. Apply it directly on wounds to heal it faster.
Note– Don’t expose yourself to the sun after the application of raw ingredients.
2. Promote Bright Complexion- Kesar is the best ingredient for healthy bright skin. Saffron is rich in vitamins & antioxidants. Vitamin A is best for glowy skin that makes the skin smooth & supple. Vitamin C lightens the skin tone very effectively.
No DIY just use Kumkumadi Tailam Face Cream for the best bright glow.
3. Remove Blemishes & Pigmentation- Saffron is rich in oxygen and creates a shield to protect the skin from sun & external aggressions. An excellent natural ingredient that lightens the dark & dull patches.
Step1. Take a clean bowl & put some strands of saffron and add 3 spoons of water in the bowl.
Step2. Add a spoonful of turmeric and Stir well to obtain a paste.
Step3. Apply directly on the affected areas. Sit & relax for 15 min.
Step4. Wash it off with normal water.
Last Step. Immediately apply Kumkumadi Face Cream for faster results.
You will be surprised to see the magical results. Fade all dark, black spots & pigmentation with the continuous application. Use daily if needed to get pigment-free skin.
4. For Skin Lightening- Rich in Vitamin C & Vitamin B6 that helps in fading dark spots and enhances the complexion with the natural buster of its properties.
Step1. Take a pinch of saffron & mix it with 1 spoon of Milk in the clean bowl.
Step2. Apply directly on your face and leave it for 10-15 min.
Step3. Rinse it off with normal water. It lightens the skin tone after the first application. Use thrice a week for better results.
5. Treat Inflammation– The challenging oxidant-crocin that present in saffron defends the group of disorder that treats the redness & other inflammation. Kesar improves blood circulation that boosts energy to the cells which help your skin to impart distinct radiance and hydration.
6. Prevent Hair Loss- As all know Saffron is full of anti-oxidants & vitamin E, B6 & Vitamin A, virtuous for the hair.
Step1. Add 5 gm of saffron strands with almond or coconut oil. Heat it for 2 min. & pour the oil in the bowl after cooling.
Step2. Apply the normal amount of oil to the scalp and massage the scalp with right pressure & strokes from roots to tip.
Step3. Sit & relax for 30-60mon. & wash it off with mild Ayurvedic shampoo (Inveda Anti Toxin Shampoo)
In result, saffron promotes hair growth & shield the whiskers from the dent.
7. Best skin Toner- Kesar is the marvellous skin toner. Free radicals presented in saffron easily removes blackheads & extract impurities from the clogged pores.
Step1. Just soak the saffron for 1-2 min. in normal water & then scrub it on the face for 2 min.
Step2. Wash it off with water.
Step3. Immediately apply Sunscreen to protect the skin.
It boosts the blood circulation that helps in building collagen & makes skin firm & toned.
8. Treat Acne-Prone Skin- Anti-fungal properties of Saffron treat all kinds of Acne & stops further breakouts. It is rich in exfoliating properties also & very helpful in cleansing & improves complexion.
Kashmiri Saffron is rich in anti-bacterial qualities mix a pinch with a spoon of Aloe Vera gel and apply before going to bed to get rid of acne & acne scars. Use daily if needed.
9. Keep mind & body healthy- If we intake a pinch of saffron with milk it reduces the risk of Cancer & arthritis. Very beneficial for the young ones to boost the vision quality & stay away from the weight of specs. Another marvellous benefit is it improves the symptoms of depression in adults that so-called insomnia.
10. Reduce the risk of Cancer- Researchers state that saffron, a zest that contains deterrent properties which incorporate inhibiting lump formation and prevents chromosome transformation that activates cancer cells. Additionally, saffron has been publicized to stop condense the injurious properties created by chemotherapy drugs.
Note: Don’t step out after the application of raw ingredient. Always wash your face & apply Sunscreen before stepping out.
Other Uses of Saffron
Saffron is best known for the mellowed Yellow colour which is used in dye in textiles and in food factories. The aroma & the colour gives the aromatic flavour to saffron that makes it unique & luxurious.
Nutritional Profile- 10 gm of Saffron Contains
1. Water- 0.083 gm
2. Energy- 2.17kcal.
3. Protein- 0.008 gm
4. Lipid Fat- 0.041 gm
5. Carbohydrate- 0.458 gm
6. Fibre- 0.027 gm
7. Vitamin C- 0.566mg
8. Vitamin B6- 0.007 mg
9. Vitamin A- 3.71 mg
10. Fatty Acids 0.011 mg
Types of Saffron
1. Mongra & Lacha Saffron– It is the best Kesar from Kashmir (Crocus Sativus ‘Cashmiranus’) Kashmiri Saffron is dark maroon in colour & gives the punch of strong flavour with great aroma and offers various health benefits for skin & body.
2. Aquila Saffron– It’s also called Zafferano dell ‘Aquila’, premium quality saffron with the high power of crocin (polychroite)
3. Superior Spanish saffron– Mellower in colour, flavour & aroma. Mostly grown in Europe.
4. Greek Saffron– High quality of colour & aroma that offers great skin benefits.
Every girl wants to look beautiful, glowing, and clean. But due to increasing pollution, wrong and irregular food and heavy workload in today’s time, women are not able to take good care of their skin. Inveda’s Kumkumadi Tailam Face Combo includes Kumkumadi Oil, Kumkumadi Scrub &Kumkumadi Face Cream, enriched with pure saffron (Kesar) which directly comes from Kashmir with other 24 natural holy herbs to provide the best glow to the girls & would-be brides. Include it in your AM & PM care routine to nourish your skin and prepare it for the day ahead.
Follow Inveda-Natural Ayurveda for healthy skin.