The sunshine yellow colored ingredient is scientifically referred to as ‘Curcuma longa’, a part of the ginger family & “Queen of Spices”. It’s impossible to find any Indian house without Haldi- Turmeric. We Indians mix it in curries for enhancing the flavour& taste, blend it in milk to boost our immunity, combo it with gram flour to breathe life into our faces; we even use HaldiUbtan to enhance the complexion & glow before the wedding.
Turmeric is brimming with antimicrobial, cell reinforcement, antiviral, antibacterial, hostile to parasitic and anticancer properties. Comes with the abundance of numerous skin & health benefits.
Let us take a glance at the chief ingredient of Indian Culinary traditions with many impressive qualities.
1. Still, struggling with acne? Turmeric Prevents Acne & Scar
Acne is caused when pores of the skin are blocked with oil, sebum & bacteria resulting in blackheads & whiteheads. Anti-bacterial properties of Turmeric is an efficient way to combat acne-causing bacteria.
1 tbsp. turmeric, few drops of lemon & 1 tbsp. of honey
Step1. Mix all the above ingredients into a thick paste,
Step 2. Apply the paste to the skin or leave it for 10-15 min,
Step3. Rinse with lukewarm water & pat dry,
Step4. Immediately apply moisturizer to lock the hydration.
You can also use turmeric essential oil & apply it to the affected areas but must be diluted in a carrier oil before using.
2. Want to look, Young? Combat signs of Ageing: Ageing. is caused due to the free radicals presented in the pollution & UV rays. UV rays are the skin’s worst enemy, they break the cells & cause wrinkles, pigmentation, sunburns & even skin cancer. Antioxidants present in turmeric protects the skin from the rays which break the elastin & helps skin to rebuild the structure.
1 tbsp. aloe vera gel + few drops of Turmeric oil
Step1. Mix the above ingredients, Apply on face before sleep,
Step2. Wash it in the morning.
3. Do you also want to lighten Pigmentation?: Pigmentation principally occurs due to the rise of melanin production & due to the overexposure to the sun, melanin production triggers. Luckily, Haldi is the best natural ingredient to treat melasma. Curcuma is filled with antioxidant properties that protect cells from free radicals formed as a result of oxidative stress. It removes the dark patches in precisely 4 weeks & enhances complexion like never before.
Step1. 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
Step2. 1 tablespoon gram flour (also known as chickpea flour or besan)
Step3. 1/2 teaspoon almond oil, because it absorbs well into the skin
Step4. 1/2 tsp milk
Lemon Juice, or cucumber juice if you have sensitive skin
Step1. Mix all the ingredients & still well until combined,
Step2. Apply the mixture on the face & leave it for 15-20min,
Step3. Use lukewarm water & gently massage in a circular motion along with your fingers to remove the mask & wash it off.
Last step. Apply Inveda Anti pigmentation blend @ night before sleep.
4. Amazing Golden dust for Exfoliation
Fine granules are crammed with a multitude of healthy nutrients like Vitamin, C, K, & E which are specialized for the skin. Turmeric can be used as a mild scrub to get rid of all the surplus impurities with its antibacterial, anti-ageing & anti-inflammatory properties.
Turmeric Scrub – Ingredients required
¼ tbsp. turmeric
1 tbsp. Oatmeal powder
2 tbsp. water or 1 tbsp. any essential oil (optional)
Directions to use
Step1. Mix all the ingredients & obtain a thick paste,
Step2. Apply it on the skin and leave it for 5-10 min,
Step3. Wet your hands and gently scrub it on the skin in a circular motion for five min,
Step4. Wash it off with normal water.
5. Reduces oil production
Oil and excessive sebum production is the main reason behind acne & pimples. Don’t worry turmeric is here to rescue, it’s antibacterial properties regulates the oil secretion within the skin and prevents breakouts.
6. Best in healing Wounds
Turmeric is the most preferred antiseptic solution on grandma’s recipe whenever there’s a cut or bruise, she always applies Haldi& oil & always says that turmeric powder is best for the infection. Anti-inflammatory & anti-bacterial properties treat the wound & prevent infection.
7. Brightens the skin
This golden herb is known as a way treasured & versatile spice, has been used for thousands of years in India for beauty & skincare that’s why it’s a real queen of beauty.
Skin Light Mask
Ingredients required- ¼ tbsp. turmeric + 1 tbsp. tomato juice + ½ tbsp. sandal powder + few drops of rose water
Direction of use
Step1. Mix all the ingredients,
Step2. Apply it on the face & leave it for 10 min,
Step 3. Then rinse it off with water.
Tip- Always do it at night & apply Inveda’s Fairness Blend before sleep for early visible results.
8. Capable of reducing facial hair
In addition to having antibacterial & antiseptic properties, turmeric also removes the unwanted hair & prevents facial hair growth. Regular use of Turmeric & milk paste weakens the hair roots & removes dense hair while pulling it out.
9. Reduces Stretch Marks too!
Stretch marks are annoying & unavoidable side effects of pregnancy. But did you know turmeric did well in removing marks? Want to know how? Take a glance below.
Ingredients required– 1 tbsp. Turmeric powder + ½ tbsp lemon juice + few drops of coconut oil
How to use– Mix all the ingredients & apply directly on the marks once or twice a day.
10. Heal cracked Heels
Not only improve the skin complexion but potent in treating cracked heels also. Apply directly on the cracked heels, accelerate the healing process & skin regeneration.
Ingredients– ½ tbsp. turmeric + 2 spoon Shea butter
Direction of use
Step1. Mix the duo and acquire a whip,
Step2. Apply it directly on the affected area & leave it overnight.
Tip Cover your feet with socks & sleep for effective results.
Turmeric is a very useful Indian herb that consists of uncountable benefits but turmeric is additionally a natural dye so need to consider some tips before applying or using it:
1. Turmeric may stain your clothes so be careful while applying it on the face or use a towel round the shoulders or wear old clothes.
2. Turmeric turns your face yellow, but don’t worry and always use turmeric at night & in the morning do a gentle scrub or use Ayurvedic cleanser to fade away the yellow residue.
Check the amazing products of Inveda, created from this golden spice at www.inveda.in